20 October 2013

Art Journal: Wisdom from Plato & Rumi

I was going through my computer and printing out some collage sheets for an upcoming project, when I decided to collect some favorite quotes to print for my art journaling kit. I ended up putting too much paint on my palette, so I made an art journal spread and a matching ATC with a different quote.

The art journal spread is a quote from Plato: "Perhaps there is a pattern set up in the heavens for one who desires to see it, and having seen it, to find one in himself." As an astrologer, this quote has always spoken to me.


The quote for the ATC is from Rumi: "The universe and the light of the stars come through me."


As I play more with my art journal, I'm having fun creating little crops of the pages. The art I do in my journal is so different from the work I generally do... by the time I get around to finishing my major series, you may think a guest artist took over my blog. But the variety and playfulness of it is what's keeping me working and inspired. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment