30 July 2012

Studio Monday!

More watercolors today! I wanted to get the other sides of the watercolor inserts painted before rebinding the journal. I may use more watercolor inside, but probably just light washes, as the paper is pretty thin. I have my pages all planned out in my sketchbook though, so I'm ready to go!


I'll be working on the reverse side of these two panels. The first watercolor insert will have the Sun for the first page, so I went with a sunny yellow. The other side will be a page for Full Moons, so the yellow will work for that as well, although I may end up lightening it later on.


The Orbits centerfold will fall between the pages for Neptune and Pluto, so I did a dark ocean green for Neptune's side and a dark red for Pluto's.


All that's left to do now is let them dry, and then I can rebind the book.


Slowly but surely, this project is coming together. Just goes to show you what you can do when you break a big project into a bunch of smaller steps!


Next week will be binding the book back together with some metallic thread, beads and charms!

No comments:

Post a Comment