It rained all day today which was just fine with me... It kept the attic from getting too hot to work! Today I started on my Mercury backgrounds. (And yes, if you're sensing a pattern, Venus will most likely be next!) I don't know why, but I've always associated the color blue (specifically a royal blue) with Mercury.
I had a much easier time creating light washes for the top layer with the blue than I did with the gray last week. After drying completely, the collaged Moon background looks a bit better, but the black from the photocopies I used will still have to be amped up digitally later.
I went out yesterday and stocked up on some more paint, brushes and a pile of canvas panels so I should have everything I need to keep this project going...
More to come next week!