20 May 2012

Studio Sunday!

Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like doing much of anything, but I'm glad I made myself go up to the studio anyways, even if it was about 9000 degrees in my attic! Hot day, hot colors: today I did the backgrounds for Venus & Mars.


For Mars, I went with a deep Red... a tiny bit of Alizarin Crimson mixed into the Cadmium Red.



It looks a lot less orange in reality than it does online!

For the Venus backgrounds, I added Titanium White to the above Red mixture to get a deep rose look... I'm generally not a fan of pastels so I tend to make my pinks dark rather than pale.



Next week will probably be Jupiter and Saturn... I'm not sure what colors I'm going with just yet, so it'll be a surprise!

Hope all those in the West Coast get to safely enjoy the Solar Eclipse tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment