25 June 2012

Monday Night Studio!

I know, it's odd for me to have it on a Monday, but I'm on vacation until Thursday. Most of my weekend has been spent out in the sun, shopping and building a new bookshelf/cabinet for my master bedroom. So I didn't get up to the attic until tonight...


Tonight I did the last of my canvas panels... There's a dark purple which will most likely be for Hera...


As well as a lavender that may be for one of the muses, probably Melpomene...


A pale pink...


And a red-violet...


So now I have a full spectrum of colored backgrounds to scan in and use for my digital collages. I like having a hybrid of digital and traditional art, since it lets me have the best of both worlds. I can't do just one or the other! I'll be sure to work on the Sketchbook project stuff while I'm scanning, so there will be something to look at here until the series is ready to start the next stage in the process.

Also, on one of my shopping expeditions, I found this lovely little book that will lend itself nicely to the astro-mythology theme... only $10 and old enough to be in the public domain!


More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment