09 June 2012

Saturday Night Studio!

It's supposed to be in the high 80s and low 90s for the foreseeable future, so I thought I'd beat the heat by working tonight instead. As it turns out, my attic is still practically a sauna but I'm sure it would have been worse had I waited until tomorrow afternoon!


Tonight I worked on the Pluto and Persephone backgrounds, as well as a few extras that may get used for the asteroids.

The dark red one belongs to Pluto... reminiscent of the pomegranate that plays a significant role in his (and Persephone's) mythology.


For Persephone's, I just added a little white. Not so dark as Pluto's but not quite light enough to be considered pink...


The black one will probably go to Hekate...


And I'm not sure who will get the dark gray, but I want to have a full spectrum of colors and neutrals in case I end up needing them for something later.


The next few weekends, I'll probably be filling in any colors I haven't gotten to yet. I need an orange for Hephaestus, and some purples for Hera and one of the Muses, and a few others to round out the color spectrum. I also want to make a couple of what I call "metallic whites," which is titanium white mixed with a hint of either metallic gold or silver.

After that comes a long day at the scanner before I move on to the next stage of the project, which is blending all the hand-painted backgrounds with my digital elements. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment