16 June 2012

Saturday Night Studio!

Another Saturday Night Studio to beat the heat... It's supposed to be back above 90 degrees again soon and it got close today.


Today I worked on oranges, browns & whites. This is the dark brown... not sure who this one belongs to yet.


And then a nice yellow ochre/tan color to round out my palette of neutrals...


This fiery red-orange will be for Hephaestus...


And this more yellow-orange color will be for Hestia.


I also made my "metallic whites." They were pretty hard to photograph, but I tried anyways.


The white-gold is on the left and the white-silver is on the right... I painted the already white canvas panels with titanium white and added drops of liquid metallic acrylics as I was brushing on the white paint. Then I added some texture with the metallics, and gave a light wash of white over top of that for a muted look that still matches the rest of the series.

One thing I've noticed since getting back to the studio on a regular basis is that I seem to have much more time than I used to think I did. I used to think that I never had enough time to make anything, that if I didn't have a whole day of uninterrupted to work, why even bother? But by breaking down my series into small, manageable chunks, I'm really making progress and learning to manage my time better. And 6 canvas panel backgrounds only took me 2 hours in the studio to make!

Next week will be the last of the backgrounds... I still need some purples. Then I can start scanning and move on to the next phase of the project. I also plan to get started on my 2013 Sketchbook so I can still play around with paint every week, so expect to see some of that coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment